Four opportunities to help tourism and hospitality providers get more business by attracting more visitors to the Somerset and Exmoor Coast (for tourism and hospitality businesses within 5 miles of the coast)
1 Sign up as a stamping partner
We have just launched a Somerset & Exmoor Coast passport. This free pocket size booklet containing maps, route details, things to see and do, as well as space to collect stamps and we hope will be an invaluable companion for walkers on the Somerset and Exmoor coast. The passports are available from the National Trust Beach Hut at Brean Down, visitor information centres at Burnham-on-Sea, Watchet, Dunster, Minehead and Porlock and Bridgwater Town Hall. 35 businesses have signed up as stamping points – you can read about them here. Passport holders are being encouraged to share images of themselves at each of the stamping points using #SomersetExmoorCoast. If you are right on the path and would like to be a stamping partner do get in touch with Nell firstname.lastname@example.org, who working on this project – to join businesses need to provide their own stamp and keep a record of the number of stamps they give out.
2 Feature in an itinerary
We are producing itineraries to attract more visitors to the coast by giving them great ideas for days out. These will be promoted online on the VisitSomerset and VisitExmoor websites so if your business is located within 5 miles of the Coast from Brean to Porlock Weir and you would like to be considered for inclusion in any of the following get in touch with email@example.com as soon as possible so you don’t miss out.
- 3/5/10 great things to do on a rainy day
- Celebrate on the coast – for families and friends – think big groups who want brilliant things to do eg best place for weddings, parties, activities
- Coastal specialities – what unique food, drink is there
- Canine Capers on the Coast – where are the best dog friendly places to walk, eat and sleep
- Once in a lifetime experiences/events – what can you do here that can’t be done anywhere else?
- Cultural coastal connections – do you have any?
- Get the most from the Coast – health, wellness, volunteering, feel good, nature etc
- Coastal cuppas and cake with a view
- 5/10 free days out on coast – best places for walking, storm watching, star gazing, rock pooling, deer rutting, picnic, attractions, activities etc
- Our favourite places – If you would like to be considered for inclusion please send Nell a couple of sentences about your favourite place, who would appeal to, any insider knowledge/tips, links to websites, copyright free images that can be shared name of your business and link.
3 Promote your latest news
If you have any special autumn/winter/spring offers/news or are running any unusual experiences/events/activities that Nell can promote please do let her know too.
4 Make friends with other tourism businesses – join the Somerset/Exmoor Coastal business Facebook group
If you haven’t joined the private Somerset Exmoor coastal Facebook group just for tourism and hospitality businesses within 5 miles of the coast from Brean to Porlock Weir, you can do here by scanning this code
Or click here Somerset Exmoor Coastal Tourism Business Group.
Image credit: Nell Barrington (Stamping point poster, Isobel Pring at the Driftwood Café, Blue Anchor with Darren Taylor stamping her passport and Image of the passport showing stamps collected and memories made).