Lucy and the team at Exmoor Character Cottages are thrilled to announce that Pilgrim Corner will host an exclusive luxury yoga retreat! From Friday 1st October 2021, take three nights out to rest, relax, revive and rejuvenate on a wellness getaway with all the trimmings at this postcard-perfect cottage in Minehead.
A postcard-perfect cottage backdrop for your yoga weekend
Lucy’s wonderful yoga teacher Terry Bruce has designed your yoga holiday with the express intention of guiding you on a journey through the five elements. So, take three days out of your busy schedule to indulge in a relaxing, reviving retreat at Pilgrim Corner.
We’ll be connecting deeply with nature in the beautiful and large cottage garden, with its separate ‘rooms’, allowing us to share space together, and to find space alone. If the weather is ‘challenging’ we’ll bring our practice inside to the spacious, warm lounge, where for hundreds of years people have come to relax and let go of their worries. In between the yoga sessions, you’ll be able to take full advantage of our modern luxuries with a soak in our luxurious hot tub, a long shower or just a restful sleep in your cosy bed!
A transformative weekend of yoga, relaxation, meditation and journaling
Terry has lovingly crafted the yoga for the weekend as a journey that will be transformative, uplifting, relaxing and inspiring.
As a yoga teacher and bodyworker with more than 10 years’ experience of supporting and guiding people on their journeys of self-discovery, she creates a safe space in which you can explore your yoga practice in a way that is both fulfilling, and appropriate for you and your body. We’ll be walking a shared path, while celebrating your own unique experience. Immerse yourself in a yoga weekend that includes journaling, relaxation, and meditation in a beautiful five-star self-catering cottage in wonderful Exmoor.
Indulge yourself with a chef-prepared three-course meal, pampering and a hot tub too!
With relaxation and ‘me time’ in mind, we’ve thought of everything for you. Our luxury yoga retreat includes five two-hour sessions of yoga over three days, a delicious handmade ‘heat and eat’ meal on arrival, a three-course gourmet meal cooked by our private chef Ben in your cottage for you on Saturday night, and an express treatment and a glass of fizz at the Ivy Beauty Rooms on Sunday night, ready for your departure on Monday.
Life moves in cycles
We live within natural cycles – the seasons of the year, the moon’s month, the day, the life cycle of plants, animals – even people. We all live within these cycles. They influence our feelings, our energy, and our experience of life. Each of these cycles has phases of birth, growth, expression, fruition, and nourishment, letting go or waning, completion, or death. That is the essence of life.
When you learn to harness the gifts and understand the challenges of each phase of this cycle, when you know your tendencies, strengths, and challenges within each phase, you unlock the power to free yourself from beliefs and patterns that hold you back. On this weekend you’ll travel through this transformative journey of the body and mind to begin to unlock the power to know, appreciate and love each aspect of yourself more fully.
Who this luxury yoga retreat is for:
This retreat is for you if:
- You have some experience of yoga. You don’t need to be a master yogi, but you’ll need to be able to move down and up from the floor with ease. If you already have a regular practice – great! You’ll be expanding your understanding and experience of your practice. If you’re not sure if this is right for you, please get in touch and we’ll be happy to talk through any concerns or questions you may have.
- If you want yoga to be more meaningful than just exercises on a sticky mat.
- If you want a deeper connection with, and appreciation of, nature – and want to integrate this into your yoga and your life.
The weekend will include
● Physical yoga practices to nourish, challenge, strengthen and relax your body, nervous system and mind. Each of our sessions will last two hours so in total there’s 10 hours of yoga during the retreat.
● Journaling and reflection to deepen your awareness of your thoughts and beliefs, and techniques to create and support healthy patterns and beliefs.
● Relaxation to help you integrate the gift of each element. To soak it in more deeply.
● We will use pressure points to support our practice and understand our tendencies more fully.
Luxury yoga retreat – price includes:
Friday 1st October
- 4pm check-in. Meet and greet with Terry and Lucy.
- Introduction and first two-hour yoga session to focus on the element of Water. This is perfect for helping you wind down from your week and get into the zone – think deep rest, replenish and rejuvenate.
- Then settle down to enjoy a pre-prepared meal created for your party by our private chef Ben using local, seasonal produce. All you need to do is heat it and eat it!
Saturday 2nd October
- Two two-hour sessions of yoga (times can be arranged with Terry in advance). These sessions will focus on the elements of Wood and Fire. Wood is all about creativity, planning and growth with endless possibilities, playfulness, and patience to overcome obstacles. Later, get fired up with audacious and glorious fullness and rediscover your passion for life!
- For dinner, dress up (or down) and dine on a three-course gourmet meal, prepared and served in the dining room at Pilgrim Corner by Chef Ben and served by Izzy. Menus to be agreed in advance. Special dietary requirements will be catered for. Drinks not included.
Sunday 3rd October
- Two two-hour sessions of yoga (times can be arranged with Terry in advance) focusing on Earth, giving and receiving, on nourishment for us and those around us. The final session of the retreat is Metal. We close your yoga elemental journey by discovering the precious gems within, letting the unimportant fall away. When we create space by letting go of what we no longer need and what no longer serves us, only what is truly precious remains.
- The group’s private use of The Ivy Beauty Lounge on Sunday evening. Each of you will enjoy one express treatment (manicure or pedicure, Dermalogica Pro-Skin 30 facial, or back, neck and shoulder massage) in a calming environment, with a glass of fizz included!
How to book
Prices are based on the room you stay in and include accommodation, and everything listed above:
- Vogue and Peacock (king en-suites) £600 each for double occupancy, £750 for single occupancy
- The Garden Room (twin en-suite) £600 each for double occupancy, £750 for single occupancy
- Dance (double, en-suite in our smallest bedroom) £550 each for double occupancy, £700 for single occupancy
***You can only book this by contacting Lucy direct at LINK Tel no 07817 698366. The cottage is currently reserved by Lucy, so if you try to book online it will appear unavailable.
The cottage can be booked by a single group or by bedroom if you are happy to share with other yogis. In either case, we will need a minimum of four people to go ahead with the booking.
So, contact Lucy to book, and look forward to a reviving, restful weekend on our luxury yoga retreat at Pilgrim Corner in Exmoor.***