Festivities in Dunster
Dunster village is very much open for the festive period and throughout the winter months! Come and enjoy the creative cheer to the windows of the medieval village – and support a local charity too! Sue Ashton from Number29 ladies clothes shop in Dunster is encouraging her fellow traders to decorate their festive windows for local residents and visitors to enjoy. Each business has been asked to donate to Sue’s chosen local charity of St. Margaret’s Somerset Hospice which will be presented before Christmas.
Why not Discover Dunster this Christmas? For more information please visit: www.discoverdunster.com
Get in the Christmas Spirit at Dulverton by Starlight
Taking place on Sunday 5th December, the delightful shops and businesses in this pretty moorland town will be traditionally dressed for the season and many of them will open their doors to welcome you from 12pm on the day. The popular Winter Street Market will run from 2pm to 7pm selling local crafts, gifts and food. Roaming entertainers will keep you enthralled wherever you are in town with their pop-up performances, juggling, tricks and endless jokes.
Look out for a few new things this year: alpacas by the Heritage Centre, extra stalls in the Town Hall, more carols to sing along to in Bank Square and sparkling white lights on the Christmas trees that line the streets of Dulverton.
Dulverton Town Council has liaised with SW&T Council to ensure that parking in the town’s car parks will be free of charge on the three Saturdays leading up to Christmas – and for the Dulverton by Starlight Sunday too.
For more information, head over to: www.dulvertonbystarlight.co.uk
Soak up the Christmas Cheer in Porlock
Take a look at all the festive events going on in Porlock!
- Saturday 27th/Sunday 28th November – Exmoor Christmas Craft Fair – Porlock Village Hall.
- Wednesday 1st December – start of Porlock Village Advent Windows – A new picture will appear each day of December somewhere in the High St. The theme is Christmas Carols & songs.
- Friday 3rd December – Let’s Light Up Porlock for Christmas – 4.00pm at St Dubricious Church light switch on with carol Singing around the Christmas trees & village shops open til 6.00pm with traders in a festive mood.
- Saturday 4th December Twinkle – pop up event – 2.00pm – 6.00pm – Lots of sparkly entertainment with fire eaters, jugglers, sparklers, braziers with hot chestnuts, lantern making & parade, & shops staying open till 6 o’clock.
- Friday 10th December Living Nativity – Starts 6.00pm – The Christmas story is enacted along the High Street finishing in the orchard of The Old School.
- Friday 10th December – start of the Porlock Santa Festival – with Santa’s of all shapes and sizes popping up along the High Street. Follow the Santa Trail to see them all.
- Saturday 11th Porlock Late Night Shopping and Santa Dash – 6.00pm – 8.00pm – Traditional Porlock, Christmas highlight. Father Christmas in his grotto, Street entertainment, Fifteen minute Pantomime. Santa Race 7.00pm.
- Tuesday 14th December – Village Christmas Lunch – Porlock Village Hall 12.30pm – Must book (863024) Donation of at least £10 this year.
- Wednesday 15th December – Carols Round the Streets. Please look for notice of venues & time
- Friday 17th December – Carols Round the Christmas Trees at St Dubricious Church. Please look for notice of time.
- Sunday 18th December – Carol Service at St Dubricious Church
- Wednesday 22nd December – Christmas Concert at St Dubricious Church. Please look for notice of times.
For more information please visit: www.porlock.co.uk/events/