Pinkery Pond (original spelling - Pinkworthy) is a remote catchment of water at the headwater of the River Barle on The Chains. It was built at around 1830 for the Knight family, who were instrumental in building much of what we see on Exmoor today. There is evidence of a canal or leat running east-south-east from here towards Simonsbath to possibly power a large waterwheel there. Nearby is a YHA hostel specialising in group adventure breaks.
To reach here is a 1.2 mile walk from the lay-by car park at Goat Hill Bridge on the B3358, Challacombe to Simonsbath road, along a permissive right of way.