Exmoor – if it wasn’t so special, it wouldn’t be a National Park
Exmoor National Park is a unique natural environment consisting of romantic open moorland, ancient wooded valleys and stunning Heritage Coast.
Explore Exmoor National Park to discover:
- Europe’s very first International Dark Sky Reserve
- The tallest tree in England
- The highest cliffs in England
- Almost 250 species of bird and over 1000 different flowering plants and grasses
- The highest number of wild Red Deer in England
- Free living native Exmoor ponies, perfectly adapted to the upland conditions of Exmoor
- The second highest and lowest tides in the world
- Over 4,000 archaeological sites representing some 8,000 years of history
- An area dedicated to green tourism – Exmoor was the first National Park in England to gain the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism
- An adventure playground offering numerous opportunities for active adventures
- For more information go to the National Park website.
A place for adventure or quiet relaxation
It is a haven of peace and tranquillity, but also brimful of outdoor activities for get up and go adventurers who want to enjoy a more Active Exmoor.