Whether you are a long established business or looking to start up in the tourism trade the Rural Tourism Toolkit is full of practical help and advice to support you.
The toolkit is provided as 5 fully interactive PDF documents allowing you to quickly and easily navigate to the information you;re after. Each section also contains a detailed case study to inspire you.
- Getting started: Business planning, market research, performance assessment, understanding your customers and brand development.
- Communicating effectively: Developing a marketing plan, effective Websites and social media, public relations, e-news, experiential marketing,
- Working Together: Networking, partnership, joint offers, advice, destination organisations, working with other brands, events and sales missions.
- Local Distinctiveness - Sense of place, defining special features, making the most of assess such as wildlife, landscape and heritage, and creating itineraries
- Saving Money & Sustainability: Seasonality, resource efficiency, green accreditation, customer service, training and procurement.
The Rural Tourism Toolkit was developed as part of the COOL tourism project. The Cool Tourism Project was selected under the European Cross-border Cooperation Programme INTERREG IV A France (Channel) – England, co-funded by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).