Picturesque village on the western slopes of the Quantock Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
Bicknoller is situated in the heart of the Quantock Hills and is surrounded by breath taking views of rolling heathland and wide open country which rise steeply from the village. The village is steeped in ancient history, with iron age earthwork Trendle Ring a nearby archaeological feature. The village has its own pub and community shop, and its church St. George, dates from the 12th century.
- Excellent location for spotting red deer, particularly at dawn or dusk
- Close to Halsway Manor, a national centre for the folk arts
- Great community shop, with locally made produce
- Perfect spot to start walks into the hills
- Year round events at Halsway Manor www.halswaymanor.org.uk
- Watchet Music Festival, August bank holiday weekend
Bicknoller is just off the A358, (Taunton to Williton Road) and about 3 miles past Crowcombe.
The nearest Tourist Information Centres are in Taunton, or during the summer months in Watchet.