Nestled in the foothills of the Quantock Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Holford is surrounded by beautiful ancient oak combes that climb to open heathland hilltops.
William Wordsworth and his sister Dorothy lived at Alfoxton Park during their friendship with Samuel Taylor Coleridge in 1798. Holford Glen contains the remains of a Huguenot silk mills, which was also the location for Bryan Adam’s music video ‘Everything I do (I do it for you)’!
Situated on the Coleridge Way walking route - a welcome rest with cream teas can be had at both the hotel and pub, as well as more substantial meals. A car park is available in the centre of the village adjacent to the village green that is actually called the 'Bowling Green'.
- Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Easy access to superb walking and mountain biking routes
- Free parking in the centre of the village
- Walker and Dog friendly places for refreshments
- A beach nearby renowned for fossils
- Flower Show every August
- Art Exhibition every Spring
- Vintage Tractor Rally every Summer