It’s not only the daytime that we enjoy here on Exmoor! Exmoor National Park is an International Dark Sky Reserve, an accreditation it has held since 2011. On a clear winter’s night, the skies can be absolutely incredible, with the absence of light pollution providing access to an exceptional starscape of familiar winter constellations.
Exmoor's dark skies can be enjoyed all year round, take a look at our tips on stargazing throughout the year. Looking to come to Exmoor to explore the dark skies? The following accommodation and activity providers have all received dark skies training and have been accredited as Dark Sky Friendly businesses. They understand the importance of Exmoor's dark skies, why they need protecting and can help you make the most of our incredibly dark skies with advice and stargazing equipment and resources available for your stay.
Dark Sky Friendly Businesses:
- Court Farm, Exford (Accommodation)
- Exmoor Character Cottages, Minehead (Accommodation)
- Heale Farm, Parracombe (Accommodation and Retreats)
- New House Farm Cottages, Witheridge (Accommodation)
- Porlock Visitor Centre, Porlock (Visitor Centre)
- Rosanda House, Minehead (Accommodation)
- Salad Days & Holi Beach Huts, Dunster (Accommodation)
- Stockham Farm, Dulverton (Accommodation)
- Syms Cottage, Cutcombe (Accommodation)
- Yarn Market Hotel, Dunster (Accommodation)
- Westerclose House, Withypool (Accommodation)
- Wild About Exmoor (Experiences and Activities)
- Wimbleball Lake, South West Lakes Trust (Camping & Activities)