COOL Tourism Project
The development of this website has been made possible with funding contributions from West Somerset Council, Exmoor National Park Authority and Exmoor Tourist Association, and received match funding from EU INTERREG via the COOL Tourism Project.
The project, which ran for 3 years from 2012, aimed to promote and develop rural tourism across the area. This was done working with other English partners in Norfolk, Essex, Kent, Somerset, and French partners in Pas de Calais and Somme Tourisme.
COOL Tourism was selected in the context of the INTERREG IV A France (Channel) - England European cross-border co-operation programme, and is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
We would like to acknowledge the following West Somerset Council Amateur Photography Competition entrants for the use of their images:
- Fred Owen - Dunster Beach, Blue Anchor
- Philip sanderson - Minehead Bay kitesurfer
- Shirley Turner - Selworthy Village Near Porlock
- Geoff Lees - Watchet Esplande Rainbow
- Sarah Williams - Minehead Harbour & Bay by night
- Stephen Paul - Dunster Castle through trees
- Shirley Turner - Wimbleball Lake Exmoor & Porlock Bay With The Heather And Gorse Flowering
- Craig Palmer - Steaming Towards Blue Anchor
- Jane Lillis - Quantock View
- Peter Tremain - Heather on The Top of Porlock Hill
- Rosi Davis - Wheddon Cross picture
We would like to thank Dan James and Bryan Cath for the use of some of their personal images throughout the website.