Walkers are Welcome
Exmoor is proud to have 6 towns that have been awarded with the Walkers are Welcome accreditation. These are
- Ilfracombe (on the western edge of Exmoor), for South West Coast Path, Tarka Trail
- Lynton & Lynmouth, for South West Coast Path, Coleridge Way, Two Moors Way
- Porlock, for South West Coast Path, Coleridge Way
- Dunster, for West Somerset Coast Path, Coleridge Way
- Nether and Over Stowey, for West Somerset Coast Path, Coleridge Way
- Wiveliscombe (on the eastern edge of Exmoor) for Brendon Hills and Wivey Way
These towns have all demonstrated that they have information on local walks, have accommodation that welcome walkers and actively ensure footpaths are maintained to a high standard. For more information go to their own websites via the links above or to the Walkers are Welcome website.
You will also find many accommodation providers cater for walkers in this area and some will have gained a Welcome Walkers accreditation.