Why you should join
Exmoor is still one of the lesser known National Parks. This is one of its attractions, inasmuch as it is tranquil and unspoilt. But people have difficulty placing it in the UK and it needs to attract visitors to bolster the local economy. This enables businesses to thrive in an area that does not have main thoroughfares.
The tourism industry is the major income generator for this area. It provides work for not just accommodation providers, but for shop-keepers and the service industries that support those businesses. Without visitors, Exmoor cannot thrive.
By each of us putting a small contribution into the bigger pot, we produce a budget that is sufficient to promote Exmoor to our main catchment areas. We cannot rely on councils or anyone else to do this for us now.
Join us and together we can get Exmoor the promotion it deserves.
What Exmoor Tourism does for your business
- Press and PR currently reaches over 30 million people, reflecting a potential advertising budget of over £250K
- Promotes Exmoor tourism with the dedicated website visit-exmoor.co.uk
- Produces the popular ‘Things to do, Places to go’ free leaflet for the area, perfect for your guests
- Includes a powerful dedicated link to your own website
- Lets you promote your own special offers, late availability or events through the website
- Business support and training opportunities for members
- Exposure on social media websites —just ‘like’ our Facebook page to join in on comments and tweets
- Discounted rates to promote your attraction at the ETA’s annual Exmoor Leaflet Exchanges. Come and see what’s new and replenish your leaflet racks
- Gives you the opportunity to express your opinions through our association, who have a voice at county level and with local MP’s
- Sends a quarterly newsletter keeping you up-to-date with what is going on with Exmoor tourism
- Holds the ETA AGM every March for you to comment and hear our future plans.
Advertise on the Visit Exmoor website
To advertise in one of our advert slots, banners, accommodation and attraction listings please follow the instructions below.
How to join Exmoor Tourism
Download the rate card - 941kb, PDF
How to make a payment
You can pay for your advert by cheque or BAC's payment by contacting the Admin Secretary. Or you can pay online through Paypal by clicking here.
Making your advert
Download information on what is required to put an advert on the website, prior to creating your advert. This document is in RTF (Rich Text Format) which means any word processor can open it. You can choose to fill it in and return it to the Website Manager or to simply get a feel of what you will put in your advert. Please also send suitable high-quality photo(s) by email to the website manager.
Create an account and add your advert yourself
Download Notes to help you put an advert on the Visit Exmoor website, or update an existing advert - 156kb, PDF
To add an Event
An event must be open to the general public within the catchment area of the website, Greater Exmoor and the Quantocks. An event cannot include an event related specifically to a single business, or benefitting or promoting a single business.
To promote an event is a free entry on the Visit Exmoor website up to a maximum of 5 events per organisation. The advert will stay live until the day after the event is over. If an organisation wants to promote more than 5 events in one year then there is a charge of £5 per additional event added. Please supply as much information as you can including a picture of at least 500kb file size to email@example.com.