Come and Join Us
Exmoor is one of the lesser known National Parks – we want to change that!
Much of Exmoor’s appeal is in its peace and tranquillity. An increase in people coming to visit won't change that, but it will help everyone whose business depends on visitors. We want to tell more people what we already know – that Exmoor is amazing and what we offer is unique.
And that’s where you come in…… We cannot rely on external funding; we must raise the money to promote Exmoor through our membership. Together we are stronger and together we can make a difference.
Join Visit Exmoor and you can help us to help you.
What Visit Exmoor can do for your business:
- Promote your business on www.visit-exmoor.co.uk – the first point of call for anyone visiting this area and providing in depth information on things to see & do, activities, events, maps, special offers and directions. Membership includes a powerful dedicated link to your website from ours.
- Help to make the most of your marketing. We send out press releases and newsletters, and blog and promote Exmoor across social media, all of which helps you reach a wider audience. We also welcome journalists and offer media opportunities.
- We use funding wisely and work in partnership with other companies to make marketing messages go further: See Secret Somerset & Exmoor, 60 Top Experiences, Exmoor Food Festival, South West Cost Path...
- Offer business support and training opportunities for members.
- Organise networking opportunities such as the Exmoor Leaflet Exchange and the Visit Exmoor conference.
- Represent your business and the tourism industry at local, regional and national level. Give you the opportunity to express your opinions through our association who have a voice at county and national level.
- We are the ONLY organisation that single-mindedly promotes the greater Exmoor area to local, national and international visitors, contributing hundreds of thousands of pounds to the local economy.
How to join Exmoor Tourism
Download the rate card - 941kb, PDF
NEW: Member Get Member Offer
Introduce one new member and both receive 25 % off next full membership fees.
Introduce two new members and you receive 50% off membership fees and they both receive 25% off.
Introduce three or more members and you receive free membership and they receive 25% off.
Offer applies to new members before 30 April. Discount applies to next fees payable.
How to make a payment
You can pay by cheque or BAC's payment by contacting the Admin Secretary. Or you can pay online through Paypal by clicking here. Silver membership is £100 annually and Gold membership £150. See Rate Card for benefits
How to make your advert
Once payment has been received, download information on what is required to put an advert on the website, prior to creating your advert. This document is in RTF (Rich Text Format) which means any word processor can open it. You can choose to fill it in and return it to the Website Manager or to simply get a feel of what you will put in your advert. Please also send suitable high-quality photo(s) by email to the website manager.
Create an account and add your advert yourself
Download Notes to help you put an advert on the Visit Exmoor website, or update an existing advert - 474kb, PDF
To add an Event
An event must be open to the general public within the catchment area of the website, Greater Exmoor and the Quantocks. An event cannot include an event related specifically to a single business, or benefitting or promoting a single business.
To promote an event is a free entry on the Visit Exmoor website up to a maximum of 5 events per organisation. The advert will stay live until the day after the event is over. If an organisation wants to promote more than 5 events in one year then there is a charge of £5 per additional event added. Please supply as much information as you can including a picture of at least 500kb file size to firstname.lastname@example.org.