Walking Festival, 30th April to 8th May 2016
The North Devon and Exmoor Walking Festival started in 2000 and since then has provided a week to 10 days of guided walks each year in glorious scenery. It always takes place around the May Day Bank Holiday. At this time of year the weather is usually perfect for walking and the wild flowers are at their best.
Walks range from a half day walk of about 4 miles to all day walks of up to 10 miles long. Exmoor is surprisingly hilly, so a 7 mile walk will feel more like a 9 or 10 mile walk to most people.
Why come on guided walks?
- The guides are all local people who are passionate about this area
- They will give an insight into the countryside being walked through
- You will be with like-minded walkers
- No need to worry about getting lost
- The walks are always passing through some of the best scenery
- It's a great way of building confidence to discover new walks yourself
- It gives the opportunity to make new friends.
Find out more
Go to the festival website for full details of the walks, usually live from the end of January.
Can't get to the walking festival
Then try some of these websites for inspiration: